The Hostel @ BRL
You won't find anything else like this in the Ironwood area! Single travelers, backpackers, small groups, and recreationalists are loving this new budget friendly travel option at the lodge. Take a tour below or scroll on to learn more about our hostel-style condo at the Black River Lodge.
Storage and Items Provided
Each bed includes a private storage drawer and a coat hanger right on the bed to keep your personal belongings close
Additional closet space available in each bedroom and downstairs community room for bulky items or gear.
Towels & Toiletries
Each bed is provided:
One Bath Towel
One Wash Cloth
Each bathroom includes:
One Hand Towel
Antibacterial Hand Soap
"Take One, Leave One" Bucket - Some guests leave things behind. Instead of throwing away perfectly good toiletries, we place these items in a bucket in the community kitchen area for other guests to use.
Conveniently Located for Adventure
On Black River Scenic Byway
On North Country Trail (Iron Belle Trail)
3 miles to Copper Peak & CP Bike Trails
Closest lodging to Lake Superior & Black River Parkway Waterfalls
5.5 miles from ATV/UTV/Snow Trail 2 (accessible from legal road route)
Minutes from Ironwood or Bessemer
Rates & Details
Single Bed Only (No Linens)
$35 per night
Single Bed (with Linens)
$40 per night
- Reserve by our website or phone. Sorry, no third party or travel agent reservations at this time.
- All standard policies of the lodge apply including, but not limited to, damage, check in/out, cancellation, etc.
- Hostel is Co-Ed (there are 2 bedrooms though allowing the option to separate if preferred)
- Hostel guests must be 18+
- Sorry, we cannot accommodate pets in the hostel for everyone's safety (all other rooms in lodge are dog friendly). In the event of an exception, our regular pet policies and rates apply.
- (An exception may be provided on the last 3 policies if a group is renting hostel exclusively - please call lodge)
- Pack in/Pack out rules apply! Hostel receives weekly sanitation and trash removal as needed. You are expected to practice good hygiene and clean up after yourself. Antibacterial hand soap and basic cleaning supplies are provided in kitchen & restrooms. All mattresses are encased with a protective cover.
- Suggested Quiet Time: 10:00 pm
First time in a hostel setting? Take some tips on hostel etiquette from the infamous Nomadic Matt HERE